News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

No optional prefix in QGIS gridsplitter plugin Mac OS X

Started by vt.flatlander, February 20, 2016, 06:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt.flatlander

Greetings
I am at Part 8 of the map making tutorial . Step 30 states: Move to the additional options tab and select "all in one folder" and make the prefix Lines_ .
Unfortunately the prefix option is missing for this plugin on Mac OS X. ?
Can someone offer some advice on this?

-Oz-

Can you take a screenshot and post it so I can see. I created the tutorial with Windows 10. What version of QGIS?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

vt.flatlander

I thought I would try to accomplish as much as possible on my Mac before looking for other options to complete the final steps of my map. QGIS 2.12.1

-Oz-

That looks exactly like mine. Click the "additional options" tab at the top of that screen. That will have the option for the prefix.

Don't forget to check the "tile size" box.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

vt.flatlander

-Oz-

Interesting. I would do the all in one folder setting and make a folder called Lines inside the Split folder then one called Polygons and one called Points. That will end up with the same "effect".

You'll just have to do some clever renaming before step 6 (the combineSplitMPs). If you were on windows in the bat you could just change this to:
set withdictionaryprefix=Lines\
set blankdictionary1prefix=Polygons\
set blankdictionary2prefix=Points\

and that would look in a Lines folder and Polygons folder and Points folder.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

vt.flatlander

Thanks for the tip Dan
I'll see if I can get it worked out.
Dennis.