GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Unable to Download

Started by rustyb78, January 10, 2016, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyb78

When I click on the download link, i'm taken to the next page where the download is suppose to start.  Instead of starting a download though, I am once again taken to a page full of gibberish (i.e. ASCII characters).

z_statman

-Oz-

What virus scan are you running?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

rustyb78

I'm on a Mac so there's no virus scanning issues.

I'm seeing the problem on all map download pages when I select the Mac file to download.

-Oz-

Sadly I don't have a mac to test but I just downloaded the Mac Arizona Topo and the tgz file downloaded fine.  What browser? Safari? Chrome? Firefox?
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

rustyb78

I changed browsers and it worked fine. 

I'm not sure why FF is having issues with the download.  I don't think it likes the tgz file type.  It wants to open it in a window instead of downloading it.

-Oz-

That is odd. I am pushing people toward .zip files now since Garmin no longer automatically compresses them to .tgz. Glad you found a solution though.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!