GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

BirdsEye view Not Showing on Maps

Started by turkey_picker, December 26, 2015, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_picker

I received a Garmin 64s and have MO and MS topo maps installed, but BirdsEye View is not showing on Maps on the unit. The maps and the BirdsEye view show up in Base Camp. When I go into Map Set Up on the unit, what all should I have enabled? I disabled all the preloaded maps and BirdsEye view for the foreign countries and only enabled the MS or MO map. Both maps were installed on a 4GB SD card and not on the internal memory. I have read and looked at tutorials, but unable to figure out what I have done wrong. My computer that I have Base Camp and BirdsEye view installed is running Windows 7 64 bit and I did download the My Trails before downloading the MO map. Thanks for the help.

Boyd

I'm a little confused. Did you purchase a Birdseye subscription from Garmin? Did you download imagery for your local area?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod70144.html

See the Birdseye video here to find out how to install it on your GPS.

http://www8.garmin.com/learningcenter/training/basecamp/

turkey_picker

Sorry for the confusion, let me try again. I got a years free subscription of BirdsEye view with my GPS purchase. I downloaded the TOPO maps for MS and MO from GPSFile Depot. I did as the videos shows, marking the area to download the BirdsEye view for in MS. It downloads the imagines and they show up on my map on my computer. I clicked on the download imagine, from downloaded imagine folder drag and dropped it in my user data folder under memory card. The problem is the BirdsEye imagine is not showing on my GPS when I view the map on my GPS. My other question was in the "Map Set Up" on my GPS. What has to be enabled, just the maps I want to view or some of the pre-loaded maps and Birdseye views that came installed on the unit. 

Boyd

The Birdseye imagery should appear as an item that you can enable/disable in the map setup menu. Not sure why that isn't working. With the GPS connected to your computer, open the Garmin folder on the GPS internal memory and/or your memory card. There should be a folder inside the Garmin folder named Birdseye. It should contain files with a .jnx extension. These are the actual images.

If you don't see this, then the files were not transferred to your GPS. Also note that you will probably have to zoom WAY in to see Birdsyse, possibly as far as the 500 foot level.

If you are still having a problem, you may need to contact Garmin support since it's a Garmin product.

turkey_picker

Boyd, I appreciate the help and your time. I'm not sure if this is the right way but, I have BirdsEye working on my GPS now. Long story of how I figured it out. When I connected my GPS to my computer, there would be two auto play drive windows open: 1 for the (L) drive and 1 for the (K) drive.
The first path (internal storage of unit) was: Computer>Garmin>(L)>Garmin>BirdsEye
The second path (SD card in unit) was: Removable Disk (K)>Garmin>BirdsEye
I copied the BirdsEye files, ex.(hometown.jnx), in the (K) drive to the BirdsEye folder in the (L) drive. Once I copied the files over, there was an option to enable/disable the "BirdsEye Satellite Imagery Subscription V2". This file transfer can also be done in the BaseCamp program by  sending the BirdsEye images to internal storage of unit. I tried moving the files through BaseCamp also, just to see if it would work. I am not sure why the BirdsEye files would not work when they were saved to the removable SD card in the unit, cause that is where the downloaded TOPO maps are saved to. I did not delete the files off the SD card, so I am not sure if that would cause a problem or not. I may call Garmin support, but not sure if they would help. They may say its in the maps,  since the downloaded maps are not from Garmin.

Boyd

Not sure what happened there. You said the topo maps were installed on the card and they work. If that were not the case, I might suspect that you formatted the card the wrong way. It needs to be formatted as FAT32 to work in the GPS. But if it were formatted wrong, then the topo maps on the card wouldn't work either.

Sometimes it simplifies troubleshooting to just remove the card from the GPS and install everything to internal memory. Then if everything works OK, you can copy the files to a card if desired.