GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMapEdit - Area of Map Coverage polygon

Started by RCinSTP, October 22, 2015, 01:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCinSTP

I am using GPSMapEdit to edit a map that is an odd shape, not a rectangle.  The map has 5 levels.  A separate "Area of Map Coverage" polygon is on each level.  I would like to delete some parts of the topo map which are in (or beneath) the Area of Map Coverage polygon, but in order to do that I need to move the Area of Map Coverage polygon to the side, delete some data and then move the Area of Map Coverage back to the exact location.  I can't really delete the Area of Map Coverage and then re-draw it for each level because the map is huge.
Is there any way I can delete some of the map without moving the Area of Map Coverage polygon aside?
And, if that is possible, do I need to delete the data, zoom to the next level and repeat for each level?

popej

When you create a map, you usually use only level 0. Each object on a map can have attribute "EndLevel=", which shows level number, up to which object has to be copied. This is done by compiler.

If you decompile img with GPSMapEdit, then map is split into independent layers. You get copy of each object on multiple layers. You can find objects with following definitions "Data0=", "Data1=", "Data2="... for layers 0, 1, 2... This could be difficult to edit. You should delete objects on each layers.

For editing map area I would delete all definitions on layers other than 0 and edit object on layer 0.

RCinSTP

Thank You! popej,  that is very helpful.  I am new to this so I have a general idea of what you are saying but I don't completely understand.
What do you mean by "delete all definitions on layers other than 0 and edit object on layer 0" and how do I do that.
For example, do I zoom all the way in, then zoom out until the next layer and then Select All, and press the delete key?  Then, zoom out until the next layer, Select All and delete.  And do that for all layers except layer 0?
After the steps above, do I need to specify which items, polylines, etc., zoom to which level?

popej

Please read the concept of levels in cGPSmapper manual, chapter 4.4:
http://cgpsmapper.com/manual.htm

GPSMapEdit shows only one layer at a time. You can see current layer number on bottom bar. When you select objects, only objects visible on current layer are selected and deleted, if you pres DEL. Pleas note, that a single object can be visible on multiple layers, if it include multiple "Data?=" statements or "EndLevel=" statement. Then it can be deleted completely using any layer, where it is visible.

If you add new objects, then you should define layers for these object. This depends on map design, it is up to you to decide which objects are visible at each zoom.

There are some special rules of visibility for "area of map coverage". This is polygon type 0x4B with attribute "Background=Y". See chapter 4.2.4.2 of cGPSmapper manual.