GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT How to Change Map Being Viewed

Started by Aggie, October 20, 2015, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Basecamp shows the map loaded on my device, but I can't figure out how to switch maps. The tutorial is great, and  covers Nuvis, but my Nuvi is different.  Thank you for any help.
Aggie

Boyd

From the main screen, press Settings > Map & Vehicle > myMaps. You will have to scroll down to see the myMaps item, it is at the bottom of the list. The 3590 is a little different from many of the Nuvi models because it includes three different maps, this is what you will see if you have the newest versions

Cnna - Na - Dem, North America Dem
CN North America NT, 2016.20 3D
CN North America NT, 2016.20 ALL

Un-check the boxes next to these three items. You should also see the topo map on the list, make sure it is checked.

To go a little deeper into things, the first item, North America Dem, is what creates the 3d terrain on the 3590. If you like, you may leave this item checked. It will then add 3d terrain to the topo map that you are using.

The second item is the 3d buildings that are shown in some cities. You can also leave that checked if you want and you will see 3d buildings on the topo map (where available).

But you must un-check the third item of the list. That is the City Navigator road map, and it will hide the topo map if it is checked.

Aggie

This may be a repeat, but my reply didn't seem to go through. Thank you, Boyd!

Boyd