News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Sending Locked Map thru Email or SD Card

Started by adelossantos, July 22, 2015, 11:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelossantos

Hi all,

I would like to know if it's possible to send my locked map thru email.

I know the GPS ID of the device and I were able to create unlocked key (25 digit number) but I can't upload the map using BaseCamp/MapSource since GPS Device is not connected to the computer.

Also, could someone help me to load locked map to SD Card.  I know my SD Card Serial Number but I cant create UNL file which I dont know how & what to do with this file & how to load the map in SD Card.

Many thanks,
Allan

popej

Please read chapter 7.5 and 7.6 of cGPSmapper manual. To use your locked map you need 2 files - gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl - placed in directory \Garmin. This is valid for GPS and SD. You can send both files by email.

adelossantos

Hi popej,

Thank you for quick response.  I have read cGPSmapper manual - chapter 7.5 & 7.6. 
Im sorry but I really do not know how to create the *.UNL file.  Also, for IMG file, the only process that I know to create IMG file  that all functionality works on Garmin is by installing map using MapsettoolKit, then connect the GPS Device on my computer & run BaseCamp/Mapsource, then load the map to the device. 
Other than that, when I tried other method to create IMG file with find functionality & routing but no luck.

adelossantos

Hi all,

What happen is when I use external SD card reader (attached to USB), in some way, my SD Card cant be read by BaseCamp even Mapsource.
My problem was solved by using built-in SD card reader with Mapsource (not basecamp) to transfer map to SD card.

popej

I prefer to use MapInstall for creating gmapsupp.img, this is a current program, while Mapsource is not supported for years. You can send maps to SD card or to a virtual removable disk, installed for example with ImDisk ( http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/#ImDisk ).

Unlock key for SD can be created the same way as for GPS - using cgpsmappeKey with SD card serial number. Or you can use SDlock on Windows CE device, as described in manual.