News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Help with pv.txt

Started by wesleybvi, December 13, 2014, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesleybvi

appreciate any help here, I'm Pulling out my hair
I am trying to execute my first pv.txt but i keep getting the following error in red

C:\cGPSmapper>cpreview pv.txt
              cGPSMapper home page: http://cgpsmapper.com
              Preview & index builder for cGPSmapper - 6.9

Indexer compatible with cgpsmapper0100 version only.
Codepage set to: 1252
TDBProcessing: C:\cGPSmapper\34567890.img
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
4.25 s

C:\cGPSmapper>

I have attached a copy of my pv.txt
my img file is in the folder C:\cgpsmapper\

map properties included below
; Generated by GPSMapEdit 2.1.78.8

[IMG ID]
CodePage=1252
LblCoding=9
ID=64424303
Name=Home
Preprocess=F
TreSize=2000
TreMargin=0.00000
RgnLimit=1024
POIIndex=Y
POINumberFirst=N
POIZipFirst=N
Routing=Y
LeftSideTraffic=Y
Copyright=Copyright GPS
CityName=tola
CountryName=WestIndies
DrawPriority=1
FID=1881
POIOnly=N
ProductCode=1
RegionID=0
RegionName=SouthAmerica
Levels=5
Level0=24
Level1=22
Level2=20
Level3=18
Level4=16
Zoom0=0
Zoom1=1
Zoom2=2
Zoom3=3
Zoom4=4
[END-IMG ID]

I think you're holding that paper map upside down get a GPS and Find Your Way......................

popej

What you have posted is a header for mp source. Below is example layout of pv file from cgpsmapper manual:
[MAP]
FileName=..
MapSetName=..
ProductCode=..
ID=00000001
Levels=..
Level0=..
[END-MAP]
[FILES]
img=..
img=..
[END-FILES]

wesleybvi

Thanks popJ, for the reply

yes I posted the header for the *.MP map file but please see the attachment at the bottom of the post.

I also posted an attachment file name "pv.txt" that is where the current pv.txt i am trying to run is located.
I think you're holding that paper map upside down get a GPS and Find Your Way......................

popej

Sorry for my reading skill.

I think you have following problems:
Value for ID shouldn't repeat similar value from mp source. In pv you set ID for preview map, while in mp you set ID for detailed maps. Maybe it is not a real problem, but general rule is that these ID should be unique for each img.

In section [FILES] you should have true names of img that you have compiled. I guess that real name is 64424303.img. You should add path to this file, if it is not present in current directory, which probably is C:\cGPSmapper, as shown in your post.

CGPSmapper creates an *.idx file for each *.img. Both files are used by cpreview. Make sure, that *.idx files are in the same place as *.img, when executing cpreview.

Red90

The error simply says your file is not at that location...  Is the file not there?

wesleybvi

Thanks for the reply PopeJ and Red90

This problem bug me so much I had to ask the author or cpreview what was going on.
The files are in the correct place without a doubt

I found out from the author that I had to make sure that end of each line is exactly at end with no whitespace characters. The cursor must stop exactly after the last character on each line. I guess you guys already knew this but for me as a newbie I couldn't figure out the problem

I'm including an attached screen shot (pvtxt.jpg) for other newbies to see. Just look at where the cursor is located in the pv.txt. You should always delete all the white space characters at the end of a line in the pv.txt.

For those who don't understand see attachment for screenshot

After I did this it now works like a charm