GPSFileDepot.com

Basecamp SW "Garmin Adventures" vastly reduced? Where did they go?

Started by F15EWSO, November 08, 2014, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F15EWSO

I was on Basecamp about a month ago and was playing with "Garmin Adventures" feature and there were loads of them in my area.  Now I'm on today early November and the bulk of local ones are gone?  I live near Las Vegas and the area was Mt Charleston but not sure that is relevant. 

Has anyone else seen a HUGE drop off in Garmin Adventures?  Did Garmin change policy?  Was there an update to Basecamp (V. 4.2.2)?  Help please.

I tried a search on the subject and searching "garmin" and "Adventures" on this site is not so easy.  If there is a link to an answer please provide. 

v/r
Hank

babj615

Interesting. I have the same issue, dozens of Adventures I know exists are not displayed during a general search. Must be a Garmin database issue.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Boyd

Quote from: F15EWSO on November 08, 2014, 09:28:00 AMI tried a search on the subject and searching "garmin" and "Adventures" on this site is not so easy.  If there is a link to an answer please provide.

This site has no affiliation with Garmin, it is an archive of user-contributed maps. You should contact Garmin directly with any questions about their services or software:

https://support.garmin.com/support/sw/escalateForm

You could also try their own support forums:

https://forums.garmin.com/forum.php

F15EWSO

Quote from: babj615 on November 08, 2014, 10:11:25 PM
Interesting. I have the same issue, dozens of Adventures I know exists are not displayed during a general search. Must be a Garmin database issue.

Babj615, thanks so it is not just me.  Adventures disappeared?!  I thought maybe I was doing my search incorrectly or something. I used the feature only once so going back I had little feedback on how I had done it before.  Thanks for the comment, maybe Garmin will sort it out. 

F15EWSO

Boyd, thanks and I'm aware that gpsfiledepot is not affiliated with Garmin.  As I use forums I've found that the people on sites like this tend to be more responsive and knowledgeable on these matters than the commercial sites.  We do this because we like it, not because we are paid.    I do appreciate the links so I'll try those. 

When I am new to a forum I try to search the database of thousands of answers of those that have gone before me.  Quite often someone else has had the same problem and it is easiest to just find that post or question.  But a search with garmin and adventures provides 100s of returns....if not thousands.  I was hoping if someone knew of the proper thread where this was covered they could provide a link and I could get the answer there.  Doesn't seem to be the case but no worries.  Cheers and happy hiking.