GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

maps not being recognized

Started by cglaser, October 24, 2014, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cglaser

New to this...  Seems like simple enough instructions on downloading maps, but it doesn't seem to work for me.  Downloading 32 bit map to hard drive with basecamp closed.  Then open basecamp and click new maps and select find file.  Find the downloaded file, but mapinstall doesn't register any files in it.  What am I doing wrong?  I just got my gps and all updates and downloads are current.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Boyd

Quote from: cglaser on October 24, 2014, 11:45:32 AMThen open basecamp and click new maps and select find file.

Not sure what you are doing, but it is definitely wrong. You don't need to "click new maps and select find file". Simply open Basecamp, then select the map from the dropdown menu. See this tutorial

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

This image shows the dropdown menu, which should contain the map you just installed. You don't need to "find" or "open" anything, the installer should take care of everything for you. If the map you downloaded is not shown on the dropdown, then something went wrong and it was not correctly installed.