GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How to get img contour map to display on etrex20

Started by Mountain Ghost, September 26, 2014, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountain Ghost

I downloaded my trails contour map of Arkansas into basecamp and then onto a micro sd in my etrex20. The map will display in basecamp but will not display when I select it in maps on the etrex20 even after disabling other maps. I am new to the etrex20 and am hoping to get this to work for hiking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seldom

MyTrails is not a contour map.  Are you talking about MyTrails and a contour map, or a contour map with "your" trails on it?  Post a link to the map or maps you are trying to load.  How are you getting the map from BaseCamp to the Etrex20?  Have you read the tutorials?

Mountain Ghost

The map I'm trying to load is the Arkansas My Trails Map (won't let me post the link for some reason).I have read the tutorials, but I must be doing something wrong. I am downloading the map straight to the SD card on the etrex20. The SD card shows the map in the Garmin folder but it will not display on the etrex20 when it is enabled, even with all other maps disabled.

Indrid Cold

You might try changing profiles on the gps. Some, such as Automotive , don't work as well as Recreational

Mountain Ghost

I tried changing the profiles, but no success at getting a map to display. Tried enabling and disabling different maps but all I get to display is the rudimentary map that came with the etrex20. I downloaded 2 maps from this site and can't get either to display on the etrex20. They will display in basecamp. The maps I downloaded are the Arkansas My Trails and the Arkansas Topo.

Seldom

Does Arkansas Topo show up correctly on the unit?  I haven't used My Trails on my GPSrs, because I couldn't find any trails in my neighborhood, but I know you need to zoom in pretty tightly (7 miles IIRC) to see them in BaseCamp.  Are you on a trail, and how closely are you zoomed in?