GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

My Trails in BaseCamp

Started by Cyrus, July 06, 2014, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

My Trails gets installed, and it's visible to BaseCamp, but when I select it it has nothing in it but my user data.  The map doesn't show itself.  I am using Windows 7 64bit.  I have successfully installed nytopo11, and when I select it in BaseCamp the map displays properly.  Why the difference?  I've about given up.  Thanks in advance.

Seldom

Are you zoomed in to about 7 miles?  MyTrails doesn't show above 7 miles except for a few waypoints.  Zoom in tight enough on some of those waypoints and you'll likely find some trails.

Cyrus

Zooming doesn't seem to do anything.  Does "My Trails" contain all the state maps?  I had thought that it did, but do I have that wrong?  Is "My Trails" just the installer that installs all the other maps that are associated with it?  No matter what I do, I can't get "My Trails" to display a map on its own.

Seldom

QuoteThese are transparent trails and points maps. They are meant to show things City Navigator does not have.  These maps will show on top of whatever map you have loaded on your GPS (but you can only display one map at a time in MapSource/Basecamp).

My Trails is a transparent overlay map.  Above quote is from the MyTrails download page.  What you will get is polylines of trails (in red with labels) and POI in black.  To get topo and roads to go with it you need to have another map loaded along with it. AFAIK it doesn't have all states, so it may not have the area you are interested in.  The states it covers are listed on the download page.

Cyrus

I haven't been able to see anything on MY TRAILS except for my user data.  I've paired it with the New York Topo map, yet I don't fully understand what I'm doing with this.  Thanks for your answers, but I just don't get it.

Seldom

This is how I do it:
In BaseCamp I open MyTrails.
I zoom out as far as I can go (hit ctrl -).  That shows the full extent of the map.
I can see some dots that aren't part of my own data.  I zoom in on one of them until my zoom level is 7 miles or less.  I can then see trails.

Cyrus

That is amazing.  I did what you suggested, and there they were.  If My Trails and the New York map are enabled on my GPS will the trails appear or must I do something more on BaseCamp?  Thanks a lot for your help.

jbensman

My Trails will show on top of the NY map on the GPS, so you will see both maps at the same time.

Cyrus

It does work.  Thank you so much.