GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Reseting Waypoint for Garmin GPSmap 62s

Started by spirit, July 01, 2014, 08:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirit

I recently bought a Garmin GPSmap 62s. It's my first GPS unit ever so I'm completely new to this.

I started setting waypoints on my trails and noticed that the waypoint name defaults to 001 and automatically goes up every time I set another one.

I've set 7 of them for the route I was taking, but now when I start a new trail it just continues from 008. Even if I rename it to 001, the next point still shows 008.

I tried clearing my current track, and deleting the previous waypoints off the device, but it still continues from 008.

I'm just wondering if I can reset it back to 001 so I won't have to rename the points every time I set a new one.

Seldom

If you highlight the waypoint name/number you can enter an alphanumeric name for it.  Haven't tried it, but since you've deleted the numerical names, you might be able to reuse them.

spirit

Thanks for the reply Seldem.

My problem isn't that I can't reuse the name. I am able to do that.

The thing that I want is for it to automatically go up one number at a time every time I set a waypoint. So like 001, 002, 003, etc.

It was doing that when I set my first few waypoints. But now even when I rename it to 001, the first waypoint will be 001, but the next one automatically jumps to 008 instead of 002.