GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

installing GPX file

Started by crcih, June 10, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crcih

I have a trip I downloaded from my Trimble Dashboard that I made on my Android, then I downloaded it on to my computer as a GPX file. Will BaseCamp open it? I can't seem to? Clinton

Seldom

Assuming Windows: Open BaseCamp> File > Import into My Collection.

crcih

I am running Windows. I click File but the "import" button is greyed out, not available? Do I need to have a device connected? I just downloaded this BaseCamp 2 days ago so I am assuming I have the latest version. Thanks, Clinton

Seldom

Can't help you, I'm afraid.  I'm running BaseCamp 4.2.5 on Win7 machine.  I just imported a GPX file from my desktop.  No GPSr connected. 

crcih

Ok, thanks anyways. Maybe I need to remove BaseCamp and reinstall so I have a "import" option under "File" ? Clinton

JohnCNA

You might have to create a new List in BaseCamp to import your GPX into. Select the List and then File>Import should show in the menu.

dnedwich

I'm having the same issue as crcih.
I've saved the file on my desktop but when I try to import it shows no items in the file.

Really should be much easier like a drag and drop.

babj615

You MUST select a destination (Folder or List) in the LIBRARY before Import is allowed. If you have any external devices selected, IMPORT is disabled.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

dnedwich

I did create a folder in the library and clicked file and import in (applicable folder) and browsed for the folder, found it, then double clicked but it showed no files.
But here is what might be the problem. The files are formatted as an image file which I believe cannot be uploaded, but...I don't see an option when I download from the site to my PC.

Any ideas??

Thanks

babj615

Correct, you can not import or drag-n-drop *.img files directly into BaseCamp.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

dnedwich

Thanks that's what I thought but I don't see an option when I download the file.

Ok...I need some hand holding here.

Can you give me a quick and dirty remedy?

How do I download it in the proper format, please forgive my ignorance.

Seldom

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

Should do it if you are downloading maps from this site.  Few, if any, maps on this site are delivered as bare IMG files.  Most mapsets come with an installer that installs the IMG files in a place that BaseCamp can access them.