GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mytrails

Started by daught, May 21, 2014, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daught

I have issues displaying "mytrails" by jbensman on top of any other map. It seems to override all other maps and only display the basemap. When I zoom close enough "mytrails" displays, but there is no background map except the basemap. I tried to display garmin topo maps and topo maps from here behind "mytrails". I  have a similar trails collection for ontario and it displays perfectly.

daught

So is this typical behavior or does every one else have mytrails displayed on top of their topo maps?

jbensman

need more specifics.  On your GPS or Basecamp?  What state?

daught

On my 62SC and my iphone garmin. It does doesn't matter in what state or country. If mytrails is enabled I can't see any maps, except the basemap, in any US state or even Canada. On the other hand the similar ontario trails file or west coast trails file displays on top of my topo map.

jbensman

Do you have the most recent version?  If not try it.  Usually when I mess something up, several people let me know and no one else has indicated any problems.  If it was just one state, I would suspect I have the transparency set for that state.  So I don't think that is the problem.  Sounds like there may be a conflict with My Trails and one of the other maps you have installed.  If My Trails and one of the other maps you have are using the same name for one of the img files, this can happen.  Try going through and disabling you other maps one mapset at a time and see if the problem disappears.  I suspect when you disable one of the other map sets, it will work right. 

adk11hiker

I have a similar problem.  With the help of this forum I was able to load My Trails and a portion of Garmin's NE 24K TOPO map onto my Oregon 600.  They show up as separate maps on the gps.  The TOOPO works fine by itself, but when I turn on My Trails the background color blocks all the details of the TOPO.  Normally lakes show up as white, but with the My Trails they are tan.  I can see some elevation detail as well.  I assume it has to do with transparency, but can not figure out how to change the effect.

JohnCNA

I just downloaded the latest My Trails today 09/19/14 and it covers up the Garmin 24K Topo map. It works OK with the IL Topo map from here. But with all maps disabled except the Garmin 24K map and My Trails, the My Trails covers up the Garmin map. This just started after downloading the latest My Trails. My device is a GPSMAP 64S.

I have been using it with the Garmin 24K Topo map and My Trails for a good 6 months or so.  I have updated the My Trails a couple times since then. This is the first version to cause me trouble.

Boyd

Have you updated your GPS firmware recently? If so, maybe it broke support for transparent maps? Do the old versions of the map still work properly now?

JohnCNA

I have the latest firmware, updated 2 months ago or so. Odd thing is My Trails is transparent over other maps from here and with the baseman. I notice that the OP also has the Garmin 24k Northeast map,  same as me. I wonder if the draw order of Garmin's 24k maps is different from the other maps here.

I have used that map and MyTrails with an eTrex 30 and moved it to the 64 when I upgraded in March.  No difficulties with any of this until I installed the latest version on My Trails. I'll look and see if I can download an earlier My Trails to check that out.

MKSheppard

I got an eTrex 30 for myself for Christmas; and I'm suffering the same problem -- If you enable MyTrails; it does a complete whiteout of the map; totally obscuring the underlying garmin 24K map I have on my device.

I uninstalled MyTrails; and then reinstalled it so that it would appear after the Garmin 24K map in the device's "SELECT MAP" menu; previously, it had been before -- to  see if this would fix the problem. No Go. :(

My position is in the Washington DC\Maryland region if you need that to check transparency.

The same unit also correctly displays transparency for trail100 in the same area.

jake20

I loaded mytrails map, but i have a few trails missing in my area. I have my rides recorded and uploaded from my Garmin 810 which track these missing trails.

Does anyone know how i can update the mytrails map to show these new missing trails?

thanks

Seldom

Quote from: jake20 on January 07, 2015, 11:34:35 AM
I loaded mytrails map, but i have a few trails missing in my area. I have my rides recorded and uploaded from my Garmin 810 which track these missing trails.

Does anyone know how i can update the mytrails map to show these new missing trails?

thanks

Send them to the map author and ask him to add them.

jake20

thanks.. yea that is what i tried first but have gotten no response from jbensman .. so i figured i would ask here next..

melmalinowski

I have the same problem as reply #5. On BaseCamp 4.4.6 Mac, only the Mytrails routes plus mine display, against a tan background, no topo or map details at all. Hawaii map

Seldom

Quote from: melmalinowski on January 07, 2015, 02:58:13 PM
I have the same problem as reply #5. On BaseCamp 4.4.6 Mac, only the Mytrails routes plus mine display, against a tan background, no topo or map details at all. Hawaii map
BaseCamp will only show one map product at a time.  You need to view a "transparent" map on a GPSr to see it overlayed on a topo.