GPSFileDepot.com

Garmin Colorado 300 - Topo Map NOT available on unit but seems to be downloaded

Started by MBPXJ, March 12, 2014, 12:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBPXJ

First of all I have a Mac computer, and a Garmin Colorado 300.

I was able to download BaseCamp and Garmin MapInstaller.

I was able to download catopo11 to BaseCamp, then using Garmin MapInstaller I selected the regions to send to my GPSr. Took only a couple minutes, because I only wanted San Diego County and East to Arizona.

After a successful download, on the GPSr in map view I selected Options>Select Map, and the only two options are "CN North America NT 2010.10" and "WW DEM Basemap NR". These options have always been there. There was not option to select "catopo11". I also searched via Setup>Map but again no "catopo11".

On my computer desktop I can open the GPSr and see "catopo11.img" in the Garmin file.

So it seems to me that the file WAS downloaded but is not compatible somehow with my GPS unit??

Thank you in advance for any help.

MBPXJ

Checked my firmware, it was not up to date. I had three updates. Did the updates. Deleted the file that was previously downloaded. Re-downloaded with the updates. Still does not give the option for the topo.

Any other ideas to try?

Red90

Empty the trash.  MACs don't actually delete the files and Garmin sees them.

Master reset.  Hold both soft buttons then power on.

If that does not work, try changing the map name to gmapsupp.img  You should not need to, but you never know.

Is the map on internal memory or a card?