News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

New Here and New GPS 1 question !

Started by ratchiker, January 07, 2014, 05:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratchiker

Hi.

I am new here and also new to the GPS.  I have a Garmin GPSmap 62sc, and have been learning a lot in the last week or so.  I know it will take time to learn everything it will do.  However, my question is concerning either or both the unit and/or the Basecamp software.   I would like to save the properties information in a word file or txt file, but can not figure out how to do anything with it.  The track summary including distance, speed, altitude and ect. all come up with I click on tracks in Basecamp, but I can not copy and paste or there is no option to save it. When I try to print it, it prints the track on the map. I do not want the track printed or saved, I want the properties information that pops up prior to going to the map.  Help Please !!  I have tried google with hundreds of tips and info but still have not found how to save just the summary data of the track. 
Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your help. 
Ed

Seldom

GPSbabel will also translate GPX files into a number of formats including text.

Red90

Quote from: Seldom on January 07, 2014, 03:02:56 PM
GPSbabel will also translate GPX files into a number of formats including text.
He is not asking to get the track data into text.  You can easily do that in Basecamp, either through copy and paste from the track dialog or via the export command.

He wants a copy of the statistics.