GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mop don't line up on Oregon 600

Started by BillK, November 15, 2013, 01:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillK

Just got an Oregon 600 and installing some of the maps.  Did the Florida one first (I live in North Central Florida) and all went perfect.  Installed the Georgia map using the procedure outlined on the website to install the MyTrails map in the computer first.  It installed fine but it doesn't line up with Florida and some seems to be missing on the device.  Seems OK in BaseCamp.  Any ideas?

maps4gps

If I remember correctly, OZ stops his maps at the state line; whereas I use quadrangles and the map data included in them will extend to the limit of the quadrangle size into any adjacent state.  I suspect the FL map is displaying after the GA map; thus any area in GA which is within the least-bounding area of a FL map .img is being covered over by the background area polygon in the FL mapset.  Disable/hide the FL mapset and areas in GA along the FL border should display.

-Oz-

That is correct; I do stop (most) of my maps at the state boundary.  Is there a "gap" then the map starts displaying or a rectangular area missing?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!