GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

mapsettookit - cpreview crashes

Started by oystercatcher, May 19, 2009, 12:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oystercatcher

Probably doing something really stupid here but haven't made any progress.

Have installed  cgpsMapper   in  c:\prog\science\cGPSmapper
and mapsettoolkit                in  c:\prog\science\mapsettoolkit_v1.62

since I dont really know how to use the program I am just following the tutorial to load an image file into mapsource

I decided to copy from the  cgpsmapper\Test_Map\10000012.img   into  c:\Garmin\preview\

when I try to run mapsettoolkit  I see a cmd shell open then I get a window titled cpreview.exe
and an option to send an error report.

I would be happy to provide more details but am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

-Oz-

If you have more details that would help.

Have you tried another map?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

peppersprout

???   I am also having trouble with mapset toolkit.  I loaded the NW US Topo map from this site.  Following the instructions to load .img files to mapsource using the mapset toolkit also from this site I was doing really well until I clicked Install.  At that point a message box pops up saying "Family ID exist."  I cannot go further from there.  I don't understand this message or how to fix this.   I really want to be able to use the map in my GPS.  Any ideas what is going on?  I have a screen shot of what occurred if that would be helpful.

Thanks for all your help guys.

peppersprout

I ran through the directions again and found that I had skipped a step.  Took me a minute to figure out how to change the FID but I figured it out and my map is opening in Mapsource.   Now I just have to learn to use it.  (o:     Thanks. :)

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!