GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Transferring waypoints from Delorme to Garmin

Started by fishonbailey, October 27, 2013, 12:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishonbailey

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me transfer waypoints from my Delorme PN40 to my fathers new Garmin Oregon.   He lost his old GPS and purchased a new Garmin.  We had a lot of the same waypoints so I want to get him set up.  I know we can go down and manually put them in but I was wondering if there was an easier way to transfer the waypoints?  If there is a way, when you explain can you explain it in GPS for dummies terms please...... :-\  Thanks in advance!!!

Indrid Cold

Do you know how to use the TOPO software that came with your PN40? If so, you should be able to tranfer the waypoints from you GPS to your computer and save them as a .gpx file that is a standard format that the Garmin Oregon will read. That file can be opened by BaseCamp and transfered to the Oregon. There are other ways to transfer the waypoints, but this is the standard workflow.

fishonbailey

Hi yes I know how to use that software I already have some on there.  Once I transfer the rest of the waypoints to the Topo software how do I move them to the Basecamp.  You said save them to my computer do you mean once they are on the Topo they are saved to the computer?  Im sorry for all the questions