GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Transparent land ownership map

Started by ColdTracker, October 22, 2013, 07:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdTracker

I recently downloaded the Eastern Public Land Ownership map. It shows up in BaseCamp but will not show over any of the maps that I have. It will show by it's self but is not much good if there isn't a map under it. The area I need is in Michigan. I'm new at this so it could be something I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                                               Thanks
                                                                                                ColdTracker

Seldom

BaseCamp will only show one vector map product at a time, but will show a vector product over a raster (Birdseye) product.  A transparent vector map will display over another vector or raster map on your GPSr.

Red90

I'm guessing the problem is that you are using polygons.  First you need to understand that "transparent" is the incorrect definition.  The word came from the created of cGPSmapper and  he used the wrong English word.  "Overlay" is the more correct term.

A "transparent" maps sets the draw priority so that it draws last and thus overlays the other maps that are turned one.  The background of the map is not turned on so you can see the other map below.

Understanding this, you will see that polygons when used in a transparent map will cover the other map.

Seldom

Red90, I realize what you describe is the way polygons behave on a GPSr, but AFAIK you still can't display more than one vector map product on BaseCamp, which I thought the OP was referring to.  Of course it's been a long time since I tried to open to vector map products simultaneously in BaseCamp, but I just tried now, and the map selector only lets me pick one map.