GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Creating .img Files Tutorial and cgpsmapper

Started by gwe4, August 28, 2013, 12:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwe4

I am making my first map.  I have worked through all the steps of the tutorial and have made it to the final section.  I double clicked transcode file, but I can't tell if cgpsmapper is running or not.  It does not seem to be running.  The transcode log shows that it started compiling and then completed a fraction of a second later and I do not see any .img files.  Perhaps it is still working, but how can I know?  Thank you, Geordie

Seldom

What do you get when you run process.bat all by itself?  That's the one that's actually calling cgpsmapper, but without a PATH, your MP file and cgpsmapper will both need to be in the same folder.  cgpsmapper should show up in a CMD line blue window.  Although since TransCode.bat calls cgpsmapper.bat you may just see the Transcode window.  Depending how big the map is the windows should stay open for a while.

My unofficial batch file follows.  You'll need to edit the path to suit your installation

path=c:\program files\cgpsmapper;%path%
for %%i in (*.mp) do cgpsmapper ac %%i
pause

This will compile all MP files in a folder, and will keep the command window open after the compile has run, until you hit the return key.

gwe4

Thank you for the help.  I realized that my .mp file name had a space in it and not an underscore.  Therefor cgpsmapper would no read the file.  Once I changed the name it worked perfectly.  Thanks