GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Buying a 60CSx(newbie)

Started by wishbone, May 26, 2009, 06:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wishbone

I'm buying the GPS for hunting.....But I have a question , from what I have read , the 60CSx comes with basically nothing on it as far as maps...Question if I  download the 24k Florida map , what do I need to get it to work ? does it over lay on software I have to buy , do I need just a blank micro sd ?thanks in advanced , John

wishbone

All you need is purchase a blank microSD card, MapSource comes with the unit.

Ahh thats cool , thank you so much , I have been searching and searching for the anwser
just havn't found the right place until now !! thanks again , John A.  ;D

-Oz-

Its quite nice that they're really cheap now; paid $4 for my last one (Newegg)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

leszekp

The 60CSx should come with a blank microSD card. When I bought mine in 12/2006, it came with a 64 MB card; a friend who bought one last month got a 256 MB card; that should be big enough to get you started. 2 GB cards are dirt cheap these days, $5 if you look. Be sure to get a microSD card reader as well - uploading maps to a card in a reader will be about 40 times faster than uploading them to a card in the GPS unit.

wishbone

Ok so I have my 60csx coming today , I bought a 2 g micro...
Next question , how do I get Florida Topo on the gps , do I just download it
to my micro card , and go from there ? Thanks for help with the noob questions  :)

wishbone

Guess I'm complete noob....I can't get the Florida topo in to mapsource , I have mapsource downloaded to my desktop... :(

wishbone

Ok I have Ibycus USA Map on my gps , thanks for the help  8)
Only thing I'm not sure about is when I transfered Ibycus USA Map to the unit , it wiped out the
FL Topo on the gps , do you know what I'm doing wrong , or can it only use one map at a time ?
I have them both in Mapsource..

maps4gps

You need to select the quads/tiles from one mapset, then select the quads/tiles from the second mapset (they will be added to the list in the left hand large box - with total size selected below the box), then send the data from both mapsets to the GPSr as one set (gmapsupp.img file).

wishbone

hrudu

Quote from: leszekp on May 27, 2009, 10:52:22 AM
The 60CSx should come with a blank microSD card. When I bought mine in 12/2006, it came with a 64 MB card; a friend who bought one last month got a 256 MB card; that should be big enough to get you started. 2 GB cards are dirt cheap these days, $5 if you look. Be sure to get a microSD card reader as well - uploading maps to a card in a reader will be about 40 times faster than uploading them to a card in the GPS unit.

How to transfer maps to card with card reader?
I am using the 60 CSx
Thanks

Indrid Cold

hrudu

Quote from: hrudu on August 30, 2009, 09:36:55 PM
How to transfer maps to card with card reader?
I am using the 60 CSx
Thanks
Tutorial is here:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

Anyone knows how to transfer map to card using card reader for faster uploading?
Thanks

astainback

If you are using MapSource, just select the card's drive letter where you would normally select the GPS.  It will then build and send the map to the card.
Then you put the micro card in your GPS and it should be good to go!
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR

hrudu

astainback,
Got it.
Thank you