GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Basecamp version 4.2.1

Started by tr911, June 27, 2013, 02:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tr911

Has anyone successfully got any of the topo maps to load in to basecamp version 4.2.1? Specifically the Alabama one by maps4gps. I followed the instructions but the map does not show up as a selection after the install.

Thanks

maps4gps

Basecamp only checks for available mapsets on start-up.  If Basecamp was active when you installed a mapset, exit BC, then restart it.

Did installs work in an earlier version of BC?

tr911

I had basecamp closed when I installed the topo.  No matter what I do the topo does not show up in basecamp. I have uninstalled both and reinstalled several times. I even installed mapsource and it doesnt work either.

However, I do have a laptop that mapsource works on, I guess I can try loading basecamp on it and see what happens. The big difference between the two os windows 7 on the laptop and windows 8 on my desktop. The windows 8 one is the trouble spot.

Thanks

tr911

Well, I think it is the way that maps4gps compiled the map. I installed the Forida topo and it works like a charm. So may be he can give me some direction.
Thanks

tr911

Dangit, I tried to use Mapsettoolkit and it didn't work either.

maps4gps

You might try uninstalling everything (basecamp, FL, AL, My trails...)

Install BC.
With BC 'off', install 'My trails ...'
Start BC, check that BC sees 'My trails ...'    If all is working OK, then
Close BC.
Install AL topo.
Start BC and check that BC sees AL topo.

If it still does not work, perhaps there is some kind of an issue with BC. 

Do not move any files after the installer is run for that mapset, as the installer adds the mapset's location to the Window's registry.

tr911

It works now for the Alabama topo. I had to uninstall all the Garmin products, maps, connectors, drivers .. everything. Then I reinstalled basecamp then installed the topo and it worked.

maps4gps

tr911

Thanks for you help. Getting ready for vacation and going to take my grand children geocaching.