GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Can not see topo on edge 800

Started by rwebcon, May 20, 2013, 03:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwebcon

I have an edge 800 and trying to get topo map loaded.  I down loaded maps from GPSFileDepot and using BaseCamp software loaded it onto the 800.  I have both City Navigator and Arizona topo images on SD card.  The problem is I do not see the topo map at all.  I have disabled all maps except the topo but do not see and detail.  What I'm I doing wrong?

MountainWoods

Can you see the new topo's .img file on either your device or your SD card after BaseCamp runs MapInstall to install it?

If you do see it, I wonder if this is another one of those "maximum segments exceeded" issues that MapInstall doesn't complain about, nor does the device, although the latter cannot handle the situation.

Try renaming a map (other than the topo, assuming that you can see it) from .img to .old, then properly eject the device and see if the topo shows up.  You can always rename the other map file from .old back to .img after this test, so there's nothing lost.

rwebcon

Yes I can see the image file and it is located on the 32G sd card.  There are two image file one for City Navigator and one for Topo.  I will try renaming to see if anything changes.

Seldom

Quote from: rwebcon on May 20, 2013, 03:40:20 PM
I have both City Navigator and Arizona topo images on SD card.  The problem is I do not see the topo map at all.  I have disabled all maps except the topo but do not see and detail.  What I'm I doing wrong?

I'm not familiar with the Edge, but most GPSrs only show a section of map centered on your current location.  Can you see the City Navigator?   Are you in Arizona?  If not you'll need to pan to the Arizona map.