GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin Vista HCX SD Card Issue With Multiple Maps

Started by Hiker211, May 19, 2013, 09:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiker211

I just recently purchased a Garmin Vista HCX and have been trying to put maps on the SD card. I was able to make it work with just one map, I tried putting more maps on there, but then no maps work on the GPS. I even changed the files name and that did not solve the problem. I have been searching the forums and have not found a solution to the problem.

Does any one have any ideas on how to put multiple maps on the SD card, while still having them work on the GPS? I know the GPS recognizes the SD card and that when I click show all maps none come up...

Indrid Cold

First off, don't change the file name of the map, the Vista HCx will only read gmapsupp.img

You need to send 1 or more maps at one time, you can not add a second map without overwriting the first one.

maps4gps

See the tutorial: http://gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/
Using MapSource on a PC, step 8 (which says to repeat steps 2 - 7) is the 'key'.  As Indrid posted, you select the segments/quads from each mapset before sending them as a single gmapsupp.img file to the Vista. 

Hiker211

Perfect!! Thank you for the help that solved my problem.