GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin Map76csx - blue circle around pointer in map display

Started by nm_map_user, May 14, 2013, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nm_map_user

I don't remember the circle being there before, but I also don't recall changing any settings. The circle can vary in diameter, but apparently is not the current ground accuracy. If I go to the Satellite page, my position is listed as +/- 12', but the circle is about 50' in radius.

More importantly, how do I get rid of it?
Thanks

Red90

It is the accuracy circle.  It is a combination of GPS accuracy and map accuracy.  There is a setting somewhere to turn it on and off.

Seldom

IIRC it doesn't show if you are using non-transparent or semi-transparent maps.  I think the problem occurs because the basemap is showing.  It's pretty inaccurate, and, for some reason, transparent maps don't count with the accuracy reading.  Don't know how a map user can tell if his map's transparent or semi-transparent though.

nm_map_user

Quote from: Red90 on May 15, 2013, 09:01:54 AM
It is the accuracy circle.  It is a combination of GPS accuracy and map accuracy.  There is a setting somewhere to turn it on and off.

I've been through every menu on the unit and can't find this. If you have any idea where to look, I'd be grateful.

nm_map_user

Quote from: Seldom on May 15, 2013, 09:44:25 AM
IIRC it doesn't show if you are using non-transparent or semi-transparent maps.  I think the problem occurs because the basemap is showing.  It's pretty inaccurate, and, for some reason, transparent maps don't count with the accuracy reading.  Don't know how a map user can tell if his map's transparent or semi-transparent though.

I have the NM topo set from this site on the unit, plus a transparent map I made. However, even if I turn off the transparent map (but not remove it), the circle still shows.

Seldom

Quote from: nm_map_user on May 15, 2013, 12:12:01 PM
I have the NM topo set from this site on the unit, plus a transparent map I made. However, even if I turn off the transparent map (but not remove it), the circle still shows.

Same thing on my 60CSX.  My accuracy reads 15', blue circle shows 50'.  All transparent maps hidden.  Beats me.