GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Organizing POI's on Etrex 20

Started by ColdTracker, April 21, 2013, 07:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdTracker

Is there a way to organize POI's on the Etrex 20? I had an old Magellan Explorist 500 and you could place the POI's in different folders for different areas I was interested in.

Thanks.

MountainWoods

I see that this hasn't been answered yet.  I've had my eTrex 20 for about a year, so I have some familiarity with it, though I cannot be called an expert.

I don't think that the 20 itself has a way to group objects (waypoints, tracks, geocaches, etc.).  I don't see that anywhere in the unit's user interface.

However, in BaseCamp you can make list folders and lists to organize objects on the local PC database (not on the unit).  I do this quite a bit.  I always make sure that BaseCamp's database on the PC has everything that has come from my GPSr (e.g. tracks or waypoints) in an appropriate list.  That way, if I wish, I can completely wipe the user data from the 20, then grab everything within a list and drag it to the unit.

Yes, that requires using the PC to organize things and the connection to the unit to give it things of interest for this trip, outing, today, or whatever.  But with no such feature on the unit itself, that's all that I can think of.