GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMapEdit/cGPSmapper/MapSetToolkit compatibiliity

Started by nm_map_user, April 21, 2013, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nm_map_user

If I run GPSMapEdit or MapSetToolkit in user mode, cGPSmapper returns with an error code. If I run as Admin, it works. I'd prefer not to have to run in admin mode if I don't have to. Any ideas what's going on? I'm writing to folders in my own user space, so it's not like it needs Admin privileges to write the output.

Win 7 Pro/64 bit

Seldom

Not having the problems you describe with GPSmapedit, MapsetToolkit, or cgpsmapper.  Same OS as you.  Did have a problem with GPSmapedit 1 occasionally having a warning at startup, but that went away when I upgraded to GPSmapedit 2.  I always run cgpsmapper from a batch file in a command window. 

nm_map_user

I don't have problems running cgpsmapper from a command window, but when I run it from within GPSMapEdit or MapSetToolkit it returns an error code. I can save the mp file from GPSMapEdit and run it through cgpsmapper in the command window, no problem, but when GPSMapEdit does the call, it fails. Same for MapsetToolkit.

Boyd

I have never seen this either, but my mapmaking machine is Vista 64. I do remember that I had to do a lot of messing around with control panel settings when I first got the machine or it complained about almost everything I wanted to do.  ;D