GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Basecamp will not start

Started by wprokopow, April 11, 2013, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wprokopow

So I have a win7 64bit laptop. I down loaded BaseCamp from the Garmin web site. I saved the file to a folder and doubled clicked the exe file. Jumped through all of the hoops and got it installed and running. I loaded my AZ map into my GPSmap 60CSx and it looks great.
I shut down BaseCamp.
Now when I try to start BaseCamp I get an error message.

BaseCamp cannot be launched.

BaseCamp needs read and write access to the
C:\Users\WALLYP~1\AppData\Local\Temp\directory.

I have deleted the program and reinstalled it. I am logged in as an administrator. I have installed the My Trails. I guess that will only work if BaseCamp opens/runs.
Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks, Wally

Seldom

Just a guess, but check the path for your BaseCamp shortcut, and make sure it's pointing to the BaseCamp executable.  Also, install BaseCamp to the default directory, if you haven't done that.

Boyd

This may be a different issue, but you could post to the same thread. The Basecamp developers monitor this forum and help users with problems: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?34832-CRITICAL-BaseCamp-4-1-1-won-t-launch-anymore

CFDingman

I solved the problem, at least temporarily, as follows:

Navigate to the \Temp directory specified in the error message (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\).
Look inside that directory for a subdirectory called "BaseCamp."
Double-click "BaseCamp."  You should get an error message saying you don't have access to it, and if so you'll be invited to click a button to grant yourself full access. 
Once you click that button, you should be able to start BaseCamp again.  It worked for me.