News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Registration E-mail issues

Started by ftballpack2, February 26, 2013, 07:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftballpack2

Hey guys,

I am not sure who I am suppose to mention this to but, when I went to register yesterday, I tried putting in my hotmail address and I never received the confirmation e-mail. I tried resending it several times and I never received it.  I even tried the forgot password feature and it said I never confirmed my e-mail, after I inserted that same e-mail address.  I checked my spam folders several times and everything.

Forwhatever reason though, when I tried registering today using my gmail account, I received the e-mail instantly. Not sure why but gmail worked where hotmail failed.

-Oz-

I will look into why hotmail is blocking the mails.  At worst I would have expected it to end up in the spam folder.

For anyone else who runs into this: you can always use the contact form to get your account activated.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Don't know how this might work, but could it have anything to do with our enormous bogus member list?

bswarm

I also couldn't get a confirmation email at my hotmail address, tried about 10+ times to resend it, and even emptied my blocked spam addresses. Finally had to change my address to an alternate email and got in.

-Oz-

Yea hotmail appears to be blocking a lot of them.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Yes, it you use hotmail, you should contact them as it's on their end.