GPSFileDepot.com

Question: Inno setup and allowing choice of img files to be used in final map

Started by Clyde, January 16, 2013, 06:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde

I have a question concerning Inno or rather looking for some ideas. I have created transparent map files containing polylines for roads and points for various POI. I would like to add more POI without having the map cluttered with Icons of POI the end user is not interested in. My icons are 32x37 so they can be easily viewed while riding a motorcycle. However, if I can allow the end user to choose the POI he/she is intersted in seeing then the end map is less cluttered.

I'm experimenting by creating a separate .img file for each POI catagory. Then combining the Polyline .img and .typ file with the various POI .img files. I'm using SendMap20.

Secondly I am trying to incorporate using GMAP files after conversion to avoid the regisry entries.

I have been sucessful on both counts. However, now I would like to provide this functionallity within the INNO setup file so the end user could select what POI he/she wants included during the installation to PC, making it a matter of loading one map to the GPSr.

Am I asking for to much? Just trying to make it very simple on the users end. Especially those new to GPS and/or somewhat computer illiterate.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Looking at Boyds "Map of the Pines" script now, since my script is dated.

Thanks

popej

You can look at the concept used by Openmaps.eu, try "Layered" maps, LayeredOmp3D.exe or LayeredOmp2D.exe

http://openmaps.eu/download?format=img&pack=exe

While technically interesting I don't think it is good solution. I would prefer well designed map with all objects visible at right zoom levels. You can make some variants for different uses attaching dedicated typ file for each variant.

Clyde

Thanks popej,

I will look into that. I had also considered variants of the map but also considering making it selective. The map I'm working on has 400 different tracks (polylines, the initial objective) with a potential for of 45 catagories of POI with a total number exceeding 1200.

I had worked with the levels which much success on My GoldWing built in unit and Zumo 550 and 600, hover my Nuvi's tend to be inconsistant and appear to display roads and POI at original (OEM) levels ignoring what I have set up in GPSMapEdit. Yes, I'm using the very same files.

Your input however is greatly appreciated and may be followed.

Thanks again