GPSFileDepot.com

Garmin Etrex Vista H green blobs with IL Topo

Started by ilbob, December 28, 2012, 05:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilbob

I think I asked this once before but never got a usable solution.

My GPS is mono. The GPS map colors in what it thinks are public lands in green. This shows up on my GPS as a dark blob, and nothing else will show there.

What I would like to be able to do is somehow turn off the public land shading as it does not do me any good and it is usually wrong as to the boundaries.

But the worst thing is that I cannot see whatever feature would otherwise be shown because there is just a green blob there on my GPS.

Any ideas?

Indrid Cold

If you have the option to turn off land cover, that might do it for you.

ilbob

Quote from: Indrid Cold on December 28, 2012, 08:33:38 PM
If you have the option to turn off land cover, that might do it for you.

Did not change anything. I think this was suggested before and it did not work then either.

Is there someway I can recompile the maps without this feature included? as incomplete and inaccurate as it is (at least around here) it really serves no purpose to me and it makes the GPS little more than a route logger.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: ilbob on December 29, 2012, 12:22:58 PM
Is there someway I can recompile the maps without this feature included? as incomplete and inaccurate as it is (at least around here) it really serves no purpose to me and it makes the GPS little more than a route logger.
Not sure which IL TOPO you are referring to, but you could contact the author and ask them to recompile it, you couldn't do it without the source files and it would not likely not allowed due to copyright restrictions in place by the author.

The is a transparent TOPO of IL that could be combined with a planimetric map such as City Navigator or maybe OSM on the GPS.

Short of starting from scratch, this might be easier for you.