GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Vermont gnis file

Started by savage, January 09, 2009, 03:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage

I build the GNIS file for Vermont with the topo_process but when I try to load the gnis.shp file into GM I get:

Shape file does not contain projection information. Please select the projection/datum ...

Any idea?

-Oz-

this is the correct .prj file.

I'll have to see why you didn't get one.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Just put that file in the same folder as the rest and you won't get that anymore (although maybe in GPSMapEdit you will in which case its WGS 1984 and geographic coordinates.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

what files do you have gnis.shp, gnis.dbf, gnis.shx and gnis.prj?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

In my gnis folder I end up with the .shp, .dbf, and .shx files

-Oz-

Did you add the .prj file I attached to that folder; if so that should have stopped that message.

I am trying to simulate by:
Selecting Oregon
Clicking "All at Once" in topo process. and i get gnis.shp, gnis.prj, gnis.dbf and gnis.shx

So I can't figure out whats up since I think the oge2oge (or similar name) program makes it.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Do you mean the gnis.prj file must be added 'by hand' to the GNI folder that I am building? I did not do that.

-Oz-

Quote from: savage on January 11, 2009, 04:48:29 AM
Do you mean the gnis.prj file must be added 'by hand' to the GNI folder that I am building? I did not do that.
yea, by hand.  Not sure why it didn't build one by that'll fix it.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!