GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Error on etrex 30

Started by scribble, December 02, 2012, 12:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scribble

I am getting an errror from my pc every time I connect my etrex.  The error is usually related to a current trak or a saved track.

I am very baffled as to why.

Seldom

Not sure what you mean by "from PC".   BaseCamp will give you a corrupt GPX file message and won't read it.  If that's what you're getting try Setup>Reset>Reset All Settings.  That should erase all user data and restore the unit to it's factory condition. Of course you'll need to rebuild any custom profiles after you do this.

scribble

Ok so my problem may lie in a custom profile I made or a changed profile then.  I am working with Garmin on this also.

babj615

Scrib - Is BaseCamp reading your GPSr and then giving you an 'error - Can not read *.gpx file' message?
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Seldom

Quote from: babj615 on December 03, 2012, 10:27:55 AM
Scrib - Is BaseCamp reading your GPSr and then giving you an 'error - Can not read *.gpx file' message?
That's what I assumed.

scribble

Yes that is exactly what was happening before I deleted the GPX file per The techs at Garmin. I have not used it since so I really don't have a file for it to work with.

babj615

Quote from: scribble on December 03, 2012, 03:03:30 PM
Yes that is exactly what was happening before I deleted the GPX file per The techs at Garmin. I have not used it since so I really don't have a file for it to work with.

In the future, you can just click [OK] or [Ignore] (I can't remember exact terminology ATM) and keep the offending files on your GPSr.

That message is simply there to inform you that those specific GPX files are not written to Garmins standards (as far as BaseCamp is concerned), and will not read them.... But your GPSr will still use them :)

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador