GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Map Install error message

Started by barnacle9, October 28, 2012, 10:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnacle9

I have an Oregon 450 and I am getting an error message when I try to run MapInstall on a Mac Powerbook running OS X 10.6.8.

I have installed the latest version of Basecamp and MapInstall and I keep getting a "MapInstall unexpectedly quit" message when I plug in my 450. The message reads:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

I have tried reinstalling the applications and restarting the computer with no success.

I was using a PC when I first bought the Oregon 450 and I have some maps and waypoints from then. Do I have to do something special because I am changing from a PC to a Mac?

Thanks.

Boyd

Have a look at Garmin's Mac Installation support forum here, there might be others with the same problem: https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?172-Installing-and-Updating-Maps

The software developers participate in the forums and should be able to help you troubleshoot. You shouldn't have to do anything special when using a Mac, this sounds like a bug to me. But I would try several different maps however, just to confirm it's not an isolated map-specific issue.

barnacle9

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try. Any other observations and suggestions welcome too! I'm a real newbie to mapping gps.

Indrid Cold

What version of MapInstall is giving you this error?

barnacle9

MapInstall    Version 4.0.1
Basecamp    Version 4.0.2.0
MAC OS X    Version 10.6.8
MapManager Version 3.0.1

Everything worked well on the PC. I recently picked up a MacBook Pro and would like to use it as my older PC needed replacement.

Thanks for your response.

barnacle9

Worked with a Garmin tech and determined my Arizona Mac map download was bad. Don't know yet if this was a one time deal or not.

Thanks for the responses everybody!