GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

layers problem with polylines and polygons

Started by gbbickerton, October 15, 2012, 03:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbbickerton

I have made 2 maps from Forestry Commission open data shp files in gpsmapedit one is forest blocks and contains only polygons and the other is roads and contains only polylines the map properties are the same for both maps with the data imported into layer 0 the roads are extended up to layer 2 and the polygons up to layer 3 I export each to an img file and then combine the two files to form a map for basecamp (I have tried mkgmap gmaptool and mstk all with the same result) but when I view the map in basecamp I see forest at 7km and above and only roads at 5km and under (I have made the maps transparent) so it seems as though the roads are drawn above the forest but are not transparent so how do I get this to work please I can't think of anything else to try.

BB

popej

I think it works like you designed it. Above 5km you see only last layer, which doesn't contain roads.

gbbickerton

But I should still see the forest at higher zoom levels which I can't

popej

I think there could be many factors, like level values, presence of background object, background definition in TYP file, maybe map ID. Since you use rather unconventional way of making map, you have to experiment.

gbbickerton

The maps work in qlandkarte ok with the polygons as coniferous forest type 50 and if I change the polygons to park type 17 they work in properly basecamp so is there an issue with certain types in basecamp ( I do have the FID and PID set correctly and compile with my own type file )

BB

gbbickerton

I have got my maps working now I found 2 problems first some how the maps were no longer transparent but I am sure that they did not work when they were trans parent and secondly I used img2type and found that the complete layer of rectangular tiles tiles that cgpsmapper produces (is this the background) were type 4B for which there was no entry in my type file for when I created a 4B type the maps worked. so you need transparent maps with a transparent background and a 4B tile type to get additional img files to merge with an existing map properly.

popej