News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin 62s

Started by borskies, September 10, 2012, 07:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borskies

Hi
I just bought a Garmin 62s. I downloaded base camp on my laptop. I also successfully loaded Colorado topo map to basecamp. Now I'd like to load it on my gps but basecamp doesn't see my gps. Also everytime I open basecamp through my shortcut it reinstalls basecamp. I'm using Windowns XP 2002 Service pack 3.  I have 148gb of disk space.

What am I doing wrong.
Thanks George

Seldom

1) It sounds like you are running the BaseCamp Installer every time.  Run it from the Start menu once it's been installed.
2) Your 62 should show up at the bottom of the upper scroll window on the left side of the BaseCamp screen.  If you have a memory card it should show there too.  Right click on either the card or the 62 to install maps.
3)See this http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/#pcbasecamp for more information.

borskies

Thank you So much for your directions on how to install maps and using basecamp from the start menu. Also were my GPS should show up. I know what I'm doing I just needed some gentle guidance with my learning curve.  I'm sure I'll have more questions later as I dig deeper into this unit.

Thank You
George :)