GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Transfer problem with 'MT Trail System' map

Started by oregoncoast, April 28, 2009, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregoncoast

The 'MT Trail System' map won't transfer to my Garmin Venture HC. 

When I create a new map set and include the 'MT Trail System' map with any mapset, Mapsource gives me this error message:

"The mapset is approximately 2.8 mb, but only 22.0 mb is available in the destination. Please select fewer maps and try again."

(the above error message was given by trying to transfer 'MT Trail System' map by itself)

I only have transfer problems when using the 'MT Trail System' map, the other Montana maps transferred to my handheld without issues ('MT Landowner Topo' and 'MT DOT Roads').

Has anyone else had this problem, if so is there a workaround for it?

Thank you.

oregoncoast

Yes, that's the correct download page (file is:  "90-3842-MT Trail System.exe"). 

Thank you for looking into it for me, the trail system map looks extremely useful and would come in handy this summer season.

oregoncoast

Hey... Thank you for trying the mapset for me.  I am running the same version of mapset with win xp.  The Garmin support team thinks that the problem may be with mapsource or device not properly recognizing the 'mt trail system' map file size.  Oz is scheduled to return on May 5th, perhaps he can work up a fix when he gets time.

Thanks again.

-Oz-

I didn't make the mapset so I'm not sure what the issue is.  I'm amazed that all that stuff fit in 3mb...

It was made by yogazoo; so you could send him a private message or email: http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?action=profile;u=176
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

oregoncoast

The transfer problem with the 'MT Trail System' map is fixed... (thank you Mathew!).  The new 2.0 version works just fine.  Great work!

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!