GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

National Geographic topo

Started by Pilgram, August 19, 2012, 05:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgram

Hi ,I'm new to this site and new to the topo and gps world,I'm very happy that I found this site. I have the New England NG topo program on my laptop. First question is can I install the topo maps to my Garmin Etrex 20,I know i can install waypoint to the gps from this program and have done so. I like the maps in this program better than the one I downloaded free from this site and thank you for that, and I did load it to my gps. Second question is when i loaded the program in the computer I can read level 1-3 without the disk being in the computer but not level 4 and 5. National Geographic told me some steps to take to install it and I followed them six time and still doesn't work. I did send them another email askinf for more help

maps4gps

NG topo maps are copyrighted and use a different format than Garmin's GPSrs.

Boyd

The National Geographic state topo series can be installed on the Magellan Triton devices (I have one of these). There are new National Geographic Maps that can be installed on the new Magellan Explorist series too. But none of their maps are compatible with any Gamin devices.

However National Geographic uses scans of USGS 24k topo maps. You can get these in the form of Garmin BirdsEye topo with unlimited downloads for $30. See: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=98816