GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin 60CSx not using suface streets for routes.

Started by vpreston, April 27, 2009, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vpreston

I recently downloaded the SE United States Topo from this site.  I had no problems following the tutorial and successfully loading and viewing the map (I am a newbie to GPSr).  It shows up fine in Mapsource and on the GPS but...

When I try to create a route from waypoint to waypoint, the GPS will only calculate using the highways from the Garmin basemap.  It won't use any of the suface streets on the topo.

I have been able to create a route from Atlanta to Panama Beach, it was pretty much highways all the way.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

vpreston

That's what I was afraid of.

Are there any maps on this site of the SE U.S. that do support auto-routing?

The topo map is excellent.  Wish it supported that.

Caniac Nation

Quote from: vpreston on April 27, 2009, 04:55:48 PM
I recently downloaded the SE United States Topo from this site.  I had no problems following the tutorial and successfully loading and viewing the map (I am a newbie to GPSr).  It shows up fine in Mapsource and on the GPS but...

When I try to create a route from waypoint to waypoint, the GPS will only calculate using the highways from the Garmin basemap.  It won't use any of the suface streets on the topo.

I have been able to create a route from Atlanta to Panama Beach, it was pretty much highways all the way.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

LOL.  I just had the exact same post in the forum, but for the Ibycus US street map.  Map looks great on the GPS, but won't be utilized when I request turn-by-turn instructions. :'(