GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Map transfered but not visible

Started by plantdude, June 11, 2012, 10:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plantdude

Hello, new to this site and the gps world (although I did take some GIS back in college).

I just got an Edge 800 up and running and am hoping to take it with me on a back country hiking and fishing trip in Wisconsin.  I downloaded the Wisconsin topo map and successfully installed it on my Edge 800 and enabled it, but the information does not seem to be visible (I have the City Navigator Map enabled as well).  I did the same with the California topo file, and it was visible and working fine.  But now, trying it with the Wisconsin topo, nada.

Also, it seems when I transferred the Wisconsin topo (via MapSource), the California topo is no longer on my device?

Thanks!

plantdude

Quote from: Seldom on June 11, 2012, 12:18:43 PM
Have you read this?

Yes, read everything I could find and have downloaded the appropriate applications.  As I  stated, I have been successful in getting the California topo to load correctly on my devices.  But for some reason I can't get the Wisconsin topo to be visible (it is loaded and enabled) on my device.  Just wondering if there are any other tricks I can try?

My issue may be that I don't have room on the device?  I put the maps directly on the device itself, not on an SD card, as I have the city nav card in the device drive.  I'll remove the Cal topo and try again.

Thanks

Seldom

Don't know much about the Edge. Do you have any other maps on it that you can see?  If so, try disabling them if they overlap Wisconsin.  Also, if you aren't IN Wisconsin, you'll need to pan to see it.

Indrid Cold

To see the WI TOPO you will need to disable city navigator.

plantdude

Tried that too.  Not sure what the (my) problem is.  Trying to install the WI topo on a new SD card to see if that will work.

Thanks for the suggestions.

plantdude

babj615

Quote from: plantdude on June 12, 2012, 07:21:31 AM
Got it all worked out! Thanks!

Glad you got it all figured out, however, if someone in the future runs into this same issue, and reads this entire thread, they will not know what you did to solve the problem.

Can you elaborate a little more for future readers, and myself?

Thank You!

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

kouzman

Quote from: babj615 on June 12, 2012, 07:08:50 PM
Quote from: plantdude on June 12, 2012, 07:21:31 AM
Got it all worked out! Thanks!

Glad you got it all figured out, however, if someone in the future runs into this same issue, and reads this entire thread, they will not know what you did to solve the problem.

Can you elaborate a little more for future readers, and myself?

Thank You!

can you please tell us how you did it? I have the same problem currently with my Oregon 450. I transfer the maps successfully but when i access the map menu on my gps unit i do not see anything.

Thanks

Seldom

Connect your OR to a computer.  It should show up as a drive.  In the \Garmin folder you should see a file called gmapsupp.img that should have the timestamp of the time you made the transfer.  If you can't find that, the transfer didn't happen.

kouzman

thank you for the reply.

i am very new at this so it takes a while to figure things out.

i managed to upload various maps from gpsfiledepot successfully. The only problem that i have now it the City NAvigator North America NT 2012.1.

On Basemap and under maps/installed maps info, i can see that the map is unlocked under unlocked maps editor, however when i transfer info from this map to my GPS, it gives my the message cannot unlock maps.

Am i doing something wrong with this particular map?

Seldom

City Navigator can only be unlocked to one device.  If you've unlocked it to another device, you'll need to purchase another license.  If only one device, you'll need to contact Garmin.