Main Menu

BirdsEye Imagery servers defect?

Started by gspot, June 07, 2012, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspot

Hi to all,
I have a GPSMap62s, (Ver.3.90), a new LT, (Win7), and BaseCamp 3.3.3
Always when I try to download the BirdsEye images, it says:
"There was an error communicating with BirdEye servers, pls try again later" (BTW, my subscription has expired at 04.06.2012). I had tried with my old LT, (WinXP), and could download the BirdsEye images, with no problem, however with my new LT, always the same "error message" from the server. I have the usual Windows Firewall, and I did allow BC in the firewall, etc, etc....
Any ideas what the problem could be? Anyone else who had a similar problem, with BirdsEye image download with a Win7 LT? A friend said this could be a bug from Garmin (server) itself...As I am intending to have a trip for 14 days soon (in ca. 15 days), I would like to manage my downloaded BirdsEye images, between LT and GPS and vice versa, with my fast new LT, thanks.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Boyd

I have seen and responded to the thread you posted on this same topic in Garmin's Basecamp forum: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=28039

You have been given good advice over there by one of the Basecamp developers. Have you tried what he suggested? You stated that your Birdseye subscription expired on June 4. If that's the case, only Garmin can help you.

Quote from: JOEACESThe issue with the expired subscription is something that you'll have to discuss with Garmin Support. Since this is a time sensitive matter, i would encourage you to call Garmin Support instead of waiting for an email response.

It seems like the best route for the time being is to get Garmin Support to help you out with the expired subscription and then use the XP machine to download and send the imagery to your device.

gspot

funny, if you mean "the good advice" was "to contact the Garmin" I had already done that before I wrote to your "GarminForum"...:-) Sorry to say that but obviously no one can help on an issue, where Garmin Server shows an error message, instead of testing it properly...I have already contacted my company and others about this issue, I myself and also the representatives of the companies intending to go over to an other brand... other than Garmin...I have never seen such a nonchalant service....Ich bin einfach sprachlos...:-(((

Indrid Cold

Never seen this with Windows 7 or OSX, you should just download with you XP box and then transfer them to your gps and then maybe get your LTs looked at.