News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Uploading a map to GPSFile Depot

Started by LIHIKER, May 22, 2012, 06:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIHIKER

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help with a problem that I am having uploading a kmz map. I have created a kmz map of the Adirondacks High Peaks.  I gone where I click host file on GPSFileDepot, and fill out the form, and uploaded the kmz compressed. I waited till the file was total uploaded.
  When I go to the map page, the information is there but no map. It says that the map is not hosted by GPSFileDepot, thus, thinking I have not uploaded it correctly and uploaded the map again. Still the map page says that file is not hosted by GPSFileDepot.
  If there is an issue with copyright, I would like to know since I will remove the map page. Let me know the issue is ...

thanks, Reinhard

dbperry

I have had the same problem occasionally. All you need to do is EDIT your page and add the [DOWNLOAD] text again. Then it will work.

It seems to me that the only sequence that works is:
1) create the map page
2) upload the map
3) go back and edit the map page to add the [DOWNLOAD] text
4) Save and everything works.

Somehow if you put the [DOWNLOAD] text in when doing step 1 above, it gets deleted when you do step 2.

Dave
My custom KMZ map collection:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/byuser/13384/

maps4gps

Used to be that the [DOWNLOAD] was put in automatically when a file was uploaded - that was for PC .exe and MAC .tgz files.  It has been over two years since I have upload a .kmz file, but I do not remember having to manually create a [DOWNLOAD] button.

LIHIKER

it worked .. thank you for your help...

-Oz-

I'll. have to look into this. it should auto add the download link and definitely shouldn't remove it requiring a re edit. I'm glad you got it working though.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

kirkw3

I experienced exactly the same problem when uploading a map on Jan. 22, 2017.  I filled out the form and uploaded the map but no link to the map appeared on the newly created map page.   dbperry's advice from 9:59 a.m. on May 22, 2012 solved my problem.  If this happens, try following his sequence of creating the map page, uploading the map, then going back and editing that map from the "Manage Maps" page (in "Your Account/Files") and adding the exact text  [DOWNLOAD]  inside the "Content" box, and then submitting.  A link to my map became available on the page only after I followed this sequence by editing the page.  Thanks for the help!