GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Is it possible

Started by Clyde, May 21, 2012, 07:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde

Is it possible to install my custom TYP file in Mapsource/Basecamp so that when I am creating my gpx files I can just select the same icon I use with my maps? I'm aware of the custom waypoints but it limits me to 64 icons. Right now I'm having to modify them later in in GPSMapEdit. I'm trying out JaVaWa ImgFromGPX to speed up my process.

Boyd

Custom types (.typ files) only work with maps and not with user data like waypoints. If you made a map that included point data from your .gpx file, you could use custom types to define their appearance. But waypoints are handled completely differently than data contained in a map.

Clyde

Thanks Botd. I was afraid of that, just trying to simplify things for making multiple maps.

Indrid Cold

IF you want to use custom waypoint icons with a .gpx file, you can use POI loader and include the icon as a .bmp file with the waypoints: LINK

Clyde

Actually that might be a better approuch. I was planning on embedding in a transparent overlay map but was also thinking about creating TourGuide files to go along with it. I want to make these for Honda GoldWing Navigation Units. I got an overlay map to work so I think I'll see what I can do with the Tourguides. Your idea may save me some work. Thanks.