GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Quastion about Map Limits of Garmin Units

Started by Desert Packrat, August 13, 2008, 07:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Packrat

I am loading multiple custom maps into my Garmin with multiple tilesets.  Either a particular custom map or the loading of so many maps is causing some maps not to display correctly.

What are other people's experience with the number of maps that can be loaded.  My unit is a Garmin 60Cx.

Aslo, my custom maps' tilesets not appear as distinct selections.  This may be caused by the mapset name that they all share (see other post for problem that I am having naming my custom mapsets) or it could be limits with my unit.  The AZ topo and other custom maps from others doesn't have this problem.

-Oz-

The limit is 2048 or 2025 segments I believe.  If you're under that it should work.  There is also a 2gb limit; that unit (which I also own) will only read the first 2gb of any given card even if the card is bigger.

There has been rumors of issues when maps border each other but I've yet to be able to confirm it.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!