News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Incorrect setup instructions

Started by glendeni, May 12, 2012, 12:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glendeni

Are people creating setup (installation) files using the instructions
"how-to-create-garmin-topo-maps---part-9---compiling-data" ?

The instruction line numbers do not match what the current "setup template file" map_install_x64-x86.nsi file ("Updated 4 Dec 11").  For example, the instructions refer to uncommenting line 130 which is a blank line and line 122 which is a actual comment line, not a commented-out instruction.

SmugWimp

I use Inno setup, not N.S.I.S., But there is a pretty lengthy discussion on setup scripts using both styles of installer in this post:

http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,2383.0.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

-- Smug
In a nutshell, I get claustrophobic.

Boyd

The old installer script has gone through various changes, and I'm sure the tutorial was just never updated to match the new script.

glendeni

Followup: When starting to insert some text notes to myself at  the top of file map_install_x64-x86.nsi file,  I noticed that the _correct_ lines to modify are specified there.  That gave more confidence as to what was needed, so made appropriate changes (to include TYP and MDX  processing) and it did compile with NSIS.  Tested the resulting installation executable and it did work!  Hopefully the instruction page will get corrected some day.