GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Adding an .img map to a Garmin 1450

Started by rjj, May 05, 2012, 01:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjj

First off, please forgive me, because I'm sure that you guys have seen and responded to similar questions way too often...but unfortunately, I can't seem to find a straghtforward answer...and I've spent a few hours trying.

I am a brand new owner of a Garmin 1450LMT that came pre-loaded with North America.  I will be driving in Europe for a few days so I was hoping to add some European data.  I have the Western European .img files, and copied them on to an SD card, and renamed it gmapsupp.img.  The GPS recognizes that the maps are there (it shows up on the list of maps along with North America with a check next to it), but I cannot get any map or POI related to Europe to show up in the simulation mode.  It's just blank.

I have also tried to view the maps on the PC using Basecamp, but do not know how to get Basecamp to find the map.  Does it need to be in a specific location?

I am hoping that there's a really simple solution to this. 

TIA

Roy

Seldom

rjj

A friend at work gave me a disk with a series of .img.rar European maps with Garmin in the title.  Not really sure what the original source is.  If this is an inappropriate question, then please remove this thread.

Boyd

Those sound a lot like illegal copies of Garmin's copyrighted maps. If so, that would indeed be inappropriate.