GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Multiple Map Set problems

Started by Richwon4, April 30, 2012, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richwon4

I have three map sets I am trying to use.  None of them are anywhere near capacity.  When I load one it bumps the other out.  What am I doing wrong with my Garmin Etrex?  Thanks

Boyd

That is just the way Mapsource and Basecamp work. Each time you send a map, it replaces the previous one(s). What model eTrex do you have? The older devices behave differently from the new eTrex 20 and 30. Let us know which model you have and we can tell you how to send multiple maps. Are you using Mapsource or Basecamp/Mapinstall?

Richwon4

I am using MapSource.  I have an Etrex Vista HCx.  I downloaded the maps.  Highlighted the sections from each state that I wanted, then name it.  I have three that I would like to load.  It sounds like you will be able to help me.  Thanks a lot. 

Seldom

This should do it: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/#mapsource

Pay special attention to step 8.  That's where you select multiple mapsets.  If you have the Maps tab open on the left of the screen you will be able to see how many maps you have added and how much space they will take up.

Boyd

Quote from: Seldom on April 30, 2012, 07:51:20 PMIf you have the Maps tab open on the left of the screen you will be able to see how many maps you have added

Look closely at this. As you select tiles on the map you will see them appear in the list under the maps tab. Now use the dropdown menu and choose the next map, then select the the tiles you want from this map. You should now see these tiles appear under the Maps tab along with the others you selected. Repeat for all the maps you want to send.