GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

hi....

Started by barrylad66, April 29, 2012, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrylad66

this is my first visit to the site and i think it will be of great help.i was directed here by crazyguyonabike, if i was looking for for lots of help with gps.i have a quick question while i'm here.....when cycling in bangkok before i kept ending up on toll road's all the time.i just put in start and finish and let garmin do it's thing (wrong move).i have now found out how to tick' keep off toll road's' and set the little bar to minor road's in mapsource,so i hope that will help a bit.is there setting i can use on my device as well.i have an etrex vista hxc...

any help gratefully received....

regard's
adrian

Boyd

Most of the maps on this site are not capable of calculating routes, they can only show your position on the screen. You need a routable map if you want the GPS to give you directions.

Seldom

Sawadee krahp!

Most of the maps here are of the US, so if you are still in Bangkok they won't be much help.  What country are you in now, and what routable map are you using? 

The thing I miss most  is the pad thai.

barrylad66

bpen yang ngai baang! ;)

i' sorry,i dont think i explained myself very well!i have routable maps for most of s e asia.i have them installed on my device(garmin etrex vista hcx) and also in mapsource.i have found out how to try and avoid major highways and toll road's using the route preferences in mapsource,but i was wondering whether there is a function on my unit that i can use to avoid toll road when i create a route  using the device, if not using mapsource.?
doe's that make anymore sense :o

regard's   

Seldom

(Sawadee khrap is the limit of my Thai)

I don't have a Vista, but if it's interface is anything like a 60CSX the key stroke sequence is:
Menu>Menu>Setup>Routing>Follow Road Options>Avoidances>Toll Roads.

You can also do that in BaseCamp Utilities>Options> Edit Activity Profile.

In MapSource Edit>Preferences>Routing.

Still curious whose maps you are using.  OSM or local proprietary?

barrylad66

hi
thanks for the help.i seem to be getting somewhere now.i'm not very tech minded!
i got the map's from rottweiler map's,for a small donation.they cover all of s e asia and are all routable with road's.lodging poi's etc...i found then very useful for place's like cambodia,laos,vietnam and thailand but i think i would get a lot more from them if i could learn more about my device and mapsourse!!

regard's
chok dee krap  ;)