GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Nuvi renders messy custom TYP files

Started by Seldom, April 16, 2012, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

The wooded area renders as dots in BaseCamp, MapSource, and on my handhelds, but my Nuvi 1490 renders about half of it correctly and the other half solid.  Anybody (Boyd?) have any suggestions for TYP files for a Nuvi?

Boyd

That's pretty weird. I haven't seen this kind of issue with .typ files on a Nuvi 1350 which is from the same family. But I have not tried making any transparent maps either. What the 1200/1300/1400 series really messes up is the standard types. For example it renders wetlands the same as lakes.

I have tested my NJ topo (which uses a custom type for every object on the map) on a Nuvi 1350 and it worked as expected.

Seldom

Just loaded DesertSouthwest on my Nuvi.  It's not transparent, but the dotted polygons render the same messy way.

Clyde

I have been creating transparent overlay maps and only using typ files for polylines thus far. I have set all polylines to extend to the same zoom level, however when installed on my Nuvi 1300 they appear at different levels. 0x00, 0x01 and 0x02 (road types) seem to function correctly but 0x04 and beyond require additional zooming to appear. Any chance these issues are related? Or does someone know of a fix I can use verse making a separate map file for use with a Nuvi? Is this an issue with the entire Nuvi line or just some of the series?

Seldom

Can't speak for the other nuvis, but I can't even get 1490 render http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/518/ , although all my handhelds do.  With MapInstall 3.x I could get the map to render if I custom installed by selecting individual tiles, but the rendering problem got worse with MapInstall 4.0 and now it doesn't render at all.  The map doesn't render when sent from MapSource either.

The 1490 renders http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/282 fine as long as it doesn't have a custom TYP file.

Clyde

Correction: 0x01 thru 0x04 appear at any level. 0x05 thru 0x09 only appear at levels .8 miles or less. The polylines typ (TypWiz3) appear correctly but it seems that cGPSMapper map properties Level tab settings are not having any effect on my Nuvi 1300.